Eureka runs online matching services, including “Pairs” for serious relationships and “Pairs Engage” for users oriented towards marriage. We have over 13 million registered members in Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. Established in 2008 by two Japanese founders, Eureka was fully acquired by the Match Group, a NASDAQ listed company, in 2015. Match Group runs over 50 dating brands including Tinder, Match.com, Meetic, OK Cupid, Hinge and Plenty of Fish.
Leveraging the know-how of a global business with offices and brands around the world, Eureka’s vision is to help people find their life partner and make dating services a social norm in Japan and across Asia.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is skillful in communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels and experiences. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for basic general accounting duties involving journal entry development and input, balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statement analysis and a variety of special projects assigned by management.
Responsibilities & duties:
- General accounting duties include ownership of the month-end close process, including journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and financial statement analysis
- Preparation of tax filing of corporate income tax (including Size base tax), Consumption tax and business premise tax with Deloitte
- Research variances in account balances and assist the finance team in explaining actuals to forecast differences
- Cross-functional interaction with business teams, FP&A, Tax and Internal Audit.
- Drive process improvement and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design, and core accounting framework and management reporting.
- Review contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- Implement processes and document controls to ensure SOX compliant internal control environment
- Support year-end external audit activities and ongoing internal audits as necessary
- Execute special project and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
- Work with our BI team to develop meaningful reports
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the financial accounting field.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance, Tax or related field is an ideal
- Ideally have some sort of accounting qualifications (USCPA, JCPA, Boki)
- Solid understanding of J-GAAP, US GAAP/IFRS and Internal control (SOX) understanding
- Effective oral and written communication in both English (TOEIC >800) and Japanese (JLPT >1)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work and research/resolve issues with team members
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Support other team members and work as One Team
- Advanced Excel Skills and/or Google spreadsheet Skills.
- Experience in Workday, Blackline, One Stream or One Source a plusHopefully has an experience of system implementation/automation